How we help

The NCC Benevolent Fund provides one off financial grants to people who work or have worked in the caravan or leisure vehicle industry. 

Each person that comes to us is treated as an individual and is considered on a case by case basis, however we do follow some general guidelines. Before applying please read the guidance below to check that your request is something that we can help with.

Grants are limited to:

  • £1500 for support for hardship grants such as mobility equipment or support towards building works
  • £350 for support with living costs such as utility bills and travel costs

Who we help

To qualify for a financial grant, you should meet the criteria in each of the four areas below: 

Qualifying trades or industry:

  • Anyone that is or was involved in the manufacturing, sale, repair or servicing of caravans or leisure vehicles in the UK 
  • Anyone that works or has worked for a supplier of services to the caravan and leisure vehicle industry
  • Anyone that works or has worked at a caravan holiday or residential park
  • Resident in the UK

Qualifying length of service: 

  • You have worked past or present in one of the above areas for a continuous period of 12 months

Qualifying financial situation 

  • Have savings of less than £5000
  • Checked that you are receiving all the benefits that you are entitled to using the Turn2Us benefits calculator

Previous claims

  • We do not usually award grants if you have been awarded a hardship claim from the fund in the last 12 months, however it will depend on the nature and urgency of the grant i.e. you are facing eviction. 

In addition, we support anyone who is financially dependent on a person who works or has worked, in the industry. 

A dependent is a partner or spouse, children including adopted/fostered/step or for those whom the connected individual has parental responsibility or guardianship, parent including parent in-law/step parent or foster parent, sibling including half/adopted or step, grandparent including adopted or step-grandparent.

Dependent of a deceased connected individual

If an individual comes to the NCC Benevolent Fund for help and support and their connection to the industry is through a deceased person. For that individual to be considered an eligible dependent they must still be financially dependent on the deceased person’s estate/finances. This could be via:

  • An occupational pension 
  • Insurance payments 
  • A trust fund 
  • Widow's pension 

What we do not cover

  • Expenses in connection with outstanding debt, court (legal) fees, fines, costs or damages 
  • Non-essential medical treatments or private medical treatments that are available through NHS
  • Work related expenses except essential travel costs 
  • Investments
  • Car expenses such as lease or hire payments
  • Non-essential items for the home where that is not a health-related need for the equipment 
  • Regular rent or mortgage payments
  • Direct cash payments or pay for items that have already been paid for

What we will need from you

To help us process your claim quickly, please provide us with the following information:

  • Completed application form
  • Evidence of connection with the caravan industry I.E payslips, P45, copy of contract letter from employer
  • Proof of address e.g. a bill or statement dated in the last three months
  • Consent to store or share information
  • In the case of a financial dependent, proof of financial dependency on the caravan industry is required
  • Copies of 3 consecutive months bank statements for all named accounts 
  • Quotes for work or items required
  • Medical notes if applicable to assistance required
The National Caravan Council Benevolent Fund is registered in England and Wales under charity number 271625 at Catherine House, Victoria Road, Aldershot, Hampshire, GU11 1SS. We use cookies to improve your experience using this website.
Log in | Powered by White Fuse